This post is actually a little bit more tough to write than I originally thought. Years before this I would have posted this no problem, but given our current situation, I realize that most people don’t have the luxury of going to a pool right now since many public pools are closed for the summer in PA. I also realize that this is a minor problem compared to what else is going on.
This post is to share my pool bag essentials with you all, but it doesn’t have to be limited to a pool bag. It can be a purse, back pack, diaper bag, whatever you will carry around with you this summer.
I wanted to make this a light post, but I do realize, just because it’s light for me doesn’t mean it’s light for someone else. This post is intended to help others with ideas on what they can pack in their bags for hot summer days. These products are our go-to’s this summer, and they can easily be yours as well!
- I always have my pool bag stocked with sunscreen. This is the first year that I have started using natural, non-toxic products and the sunscreen we use is all natural. I use 10 SPF on my body and 50 SPF on my face. Both are from Young Living and I love them! They are more thick that your usual sunscreen, but apply nicely and evenly on skin.
- The two given items are a beach towel and a swim suit cover up. I love this orange and white striped towel from Pottery Barn that I grabbed a few years ago. It’s a longer beach towel, and I love that I can wrap it around me to dry off. I have so many swimsuit cover ups! My most recent cover up is white, with little tassels at the bottom, so cute for the pool and beach!
- I always have lip balm on me, and it’s a must to have one in my pool bag! We are currently using Young Living’s grapefruit and lavender lip balm and we love it! It keeps our lips soft all day and they don’t dry out in the sun.
- Sunglasses are a given during summer. I just bought an oversized pair from Francesca’s and love them! They are a dark tortoise shell print.
- I’m trying Young Living’s lavaderm after sun spray this year, and I love it so far! It’s an all natural spray that is mixed with different essential oils that help soothe skin from any sun irritation. I did get a little sun burned this past weekend and I sprayed this on right when I got home.
- My sister-in-law introduced us to Brumate this year, and I’m obsessed. She ordered us all different colors to have for our drinks by the pool. Not familiar with Brumate? Check them out, they have so many different holders for your drinks and it keeps them ice cold on hot days.
- Hand sanitizer. Yes, I said it. I take the Thieves hand sanitizer with me everywhere, even my pool bag. Thieves is a Young Living brand, and I love their hand sanitizer. It smells like peppermint and doesn’t dry your hands out!
It’s so important to use products that you trust. That’s why I love Young Living’s every day products and use them daily. They are non-toxic, no chemicals, plant-based, and safe for kids! If you’re interested in learning more about YL and becoming a member, check out this post. I’d love to have you join our fun community! What are your summer bag essentials?
**Disclaimer: after shooting these pictures, my pool bag broke after only one use. I returned it for a refund and would not recommend. That’s why I didn’t link it or say much about it. Currently on the search for a better quality bag!