Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and while it’s mostly a holiday to celebrate the love you have for your significant other, you don’t want to forget the other people in your life. My friends are such a big part of my life, and I wanted to show them how much I appreciate them with a Galentine’s Day Brunch. Galentine’s Day is usually celebrated on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s Day.
Our apartment is small, so it was interesting and challenging hosting a brunch like this. I definitely can’t wait until we get a bigger place to entertain in! I bought most of the decorations from Pier 1 and Target. Those are my go-to places for anything decor. All of the decorations you see in this post will be linked below. I’m going to jump in to the menu, (thanks to Pinterest!) I made some fun and easy brunch dishes that were crowd pleasers!
Donut hole & fruit skewers
I bought a variety of donut holes from Oakmont Bakery and placed them on skewers with strawberries and blueberries. It was the perfect yummy treat!
Egg muffin cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt. Then add in the cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin pan, filling each part about 1/2 way.
- Baking for around 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the tops of the muffins are firm.
- Remove the muffins from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Enjoy!
French toast bake with berries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 cups french bread
- 2 cups milk
- Prepare the night before by cutting french bread into cubes and fill 3/4 of a 9″x 13″ baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 8 large eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Then pour mixture over the bread.
- Top with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover dish with saran wrap, and refrigerate for at least four hours or up to overnight, so the bread can soak up the egg mixture during this time.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Pour syrup over. Enjoy!
Raspberry lemonade mimosas
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 bottle of raspberry lemonade
- 1 cup of raspberries
- Mix juice and champagne together in a pitcher.
- Add raspberries when finished.
The brunch was very simple to put together, and it was such a fun menu!
I LOVE decorating and watching my vision come together. I normally don’t decorate our apartment for Valentine’s Day, but this was fun to create for the girls!
- I bought the bar cart from Target. I thought the bar cart would be fun to serve the mimosas from, and add some V-Day decor to that.
- Cursive love sign is also from Target. (I couldn’t find the link for the exact one.)
- The red, white, and pink pom-poms came in a set from Pier 1.
- The champagne glasses with the “mine” colored tags are all from Target.
- The XOXO wine glass is from Pier 1. I bought two at a steal of 99 cents each!! (Sadly, I couldn’t find the link for this.)
- I decided to stick with paper plates for a quick clean up. I bought these cute Valentine’s Day plates and napkins from JoAnn Fabrics.
- The table runner is my favorite, and I will be leaving it up all February long. I bought this for ONLY $15 at Pier 1, and it’s on sale now for $11! I love the black and white XOs, it goes perfectly with my everyday decor in the apartment.
- The candles are prosecco scented, which wasn’t over powering at all. I had two on the table. They are from Target.
- The tassel banner is from Target. I loved how it added a simple touch to the bare wall behind the table.
- I didn’t buy the flowers, Jordan actually bought them for me the day before my shoot, which was so sweet and thoughtful, and also worked perfectly on the table!
There are so many ways to show your gals some love on galentine’s day. I love that we were able to spend time together during this brunch. You can see how I prepared for the Galentine’s Day Brunch in the video below: Let me know what you think! Happy Galentine’s Day! xo